Sunday, April 30, 2017

April was a big shipment month!

So far this month, we were able to complete four shipments to new members of our team of hospitals and mortuaries: two shipments went out in the mail and two shipments were delivered in person.  I have two more shipments to mail and I am waiting to hear back from two more, all four new too!


I am thrilled about all of this for several reasons!!
  

First and foremost, it allows more babies that become An Angel Too Soon to be clothed, which is our primary purpose. 


Shipping out this many Angel sets and blankets in a single month allows for a bit more breathing, and working, room in my stuffed studio. 

And last but not least, we have a bit more room in our storage system.

I am beyond happy that our 2016 Fundraiser ensured that we had funds for these plus a few more shipments.

It also opens up some space in our workroom, allowing us to breath a small sigh and move more donated dresses through their transformation process.

With this flurry of shipments and deliveries, not a lot was done in the studio but I was able to finish up a few gowns that were partially completed.... Some needed just a hem, some needed a ribbon or two, a coordinating cap, or maybe even a boutonniere! 

Some of these sets are composed of bits from several dresses, using up bits and leftovers.  These are some of the sets I most like to make as they can be a bit more unique.  Some reflect the taste of the sewist, some reflect the creativity of the person who cut the wedding dress for the sets, some are fun, and some are more serious.

And now they are finished and waiting to be called upon to dress an Angel!

We still have about 30 sets cut and ready to be sewn to refill our storage system.

The rest of today will be spent packaging these completed sets and organizing the studio a bit.  It doesn't sound like much but I am proud of our progress.

And I am hoping that we are called upon to make those two additional shipments this month.

What gives you a feeling of satisfaction?

FYI:  I just noticed the photos make the hems of some of the gowns look uneven...  Trust that it is because I took those photos from the side, holding the camera at an angle.  I can not retake the photos as the sets are already packaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment