Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Progress is progress

Life has brought me additional challenges but I am pushing through, helping others how and when and where I can but also remembering to take care of me too.   If I don't nourish and feed myself, my soul, my heart, my mind, I can not be of any service to others.

I haven't researched it... 
because I like it so don't want to know if its untrue.. 
With that caveat, I understand: 

 American Indian culture (may) believe that women gain their strength from the Mother, Earth.



Yes, I like it.  I like it a lot.  I agree with it.   And if its not true, it should be.    I can't wear gloves when working in the dirt because I need to FEEL it.   Somehow, I feel stronger after working in the dirt.

I thoroughly enjoy devoting time to the mission my brothers compelled me to do.  It also feeds many parts of the complex being that is me.   I know others that help with the project also voice the satisfaction they feel while they work. 

I was able to complete a few more Angel sets in between what seems to be slow and unending unpacking, yard work, care for the animals, and other daily details of life.


I can't describe the personal healing I experience when I go from wrist deep in the dirt and nurturing the green and growing things....
 
This grouping includes parts from many different dresses.
... to working with the smooth, soft, and delicate satins, silks, lace, and ribbons.....

These are also created from bits of several donated dresses.
.... to the satisfaction of dressing those that become an angel too soon and helping the family of these tiny angels.

2 comments:

  1. Do you still take in wedding dress donations and if so where would they be brought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a raspberry prom ball gown with nylon type ruffles and I was wondering if you accepted those?

    ReplyDelete