Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Angels on Earth... in Grimes, Iowa

I spent a day at the Grimes Community Center, Grimes Iowa, back in June to work on Angelgownsbyjacki.   As is with about everything, it takes a village....


A group of ladies spent many hours of the day assisting with the breakdown of another batch of wedding dresses that were donated as a result of the KCCI interview.   A few came and went during the day and I sincerely regret that I did not capture photos of each of the ladies as they worked.   With all the help, we made quick work of that batch of dresses!

Of course, treats were provided...  we couldn't work without carbs, could we?


Thank you to Angie, LaRue, Rene, and Lois, all of Grimes for helping with the breakdown. 

I offer a very special thank you to Amie and Roberta, also of Grimes, who continue to go above and beyond to support Angelgownsbyjacki.

I was also honored to be invited to partake in a delicious lunch, prepared and served by the Grimes Community Center. 

I have to say that I was extremely pleased that the Pledge of Allegiance and the veterans were honored before we were served.



Everyone at the community center was so welcoming and pleasant!!  Thank you to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment