Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I am reorganizing my studio, which includes areas for AngelGowns, scrapbooking, crafts, and quilting, along with an entertainment area (ok, a tv and a few DVDs) and a refreshment area (a small fridge and some snacks).  It sounds so much fancier when you put the word "area" behind it!  :)

Its been quite an undertaking that was required due to a recent purchase of a longarm quilting machine and its 6' x 14' table.

George the longarm, which is named thusly as I wanted one for so long that I will hug him and squeeze him and love him, is something that you can't make room for by just scooting something over a few inches.  

 
Revamping my entire 700 square feet area was required.  And its amazing how much stuff can be crammed into drawers and bins.  And its amazing how nothing was in the right drawer as I moved the furniture around.
 
And when you are moving EVERYTHING, it only makes sense that you clean and sort while you go, right?
 

My mom was here for some of the "re-org", helping to sort and fold.  While it isn't completely done yet, the layout of the area will be much more conducive to efficiency and process.  

We found some things that will be donated to local schools, and we found some art supplies for the grandkids, and we culled several bags of things to be "gifted" to the trash man.   Why is it that I feel I have worked hard when the trash bin is FULL?

During the re-org, and due to recent illnesses and hospital stays, I have fallen VERY behind on logging and processing donations that have come in.  But no fear, I WILL catch up. 


The good news is that I completed several AngelBlankets during this period...  because I just couldn't do "nothing" during the down-time while chatting or traveling with my mom or in the evenings.   I had found some small balls of yarn during the sorting that I thought could be worked up quickly so rather than put them away, I just knitted and crocheted them up for the Angels!

I will be delivering a shipment to a local Phoenix hospital on Thursday and these blankets will round out the shipment nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment