Thursday, July 9, 2015

They are just precious !

   I work on Angel items an average of two full days each week. 
This includes working on the Angel items themselves and the administrative work
(attaching cards, packaging, organizing, PR, and postcards). 

I create the Angel items production-style, working on up to 10 at a time.

 
 I cut the gowns and caps from many, many wedding dresses. 
 As I cut, I attach a note with the name donator on each gown/cap.  
 

I pull a random batch from the pile of cut gowns and caps,
which allows me to use different donated dresses in each batch.

 
Working the gowns in this manner results in a good variety of AngelGowns and Caps
for each shipment to the birthing centers.  
 
 I then start rotating through the batch, doing the same step to each one:
 stitching, pressing, stitching, more pressing, more stitching, etc, etc. 
 
 
As I decorate, I also note the donator of the ribbons, etc.
on the note reflecting the donator's name. 


Often, the embellishments from a donated dress will show up
on a gown that that is created from someone else's dress fabric.
 

I included a tape measure in some of the photos for scale.
These are just a few more ready for their sentiment cards to be readied for shipping!  

No comments:

Post a Comment